Applications & Forms
Application Forms for Various Municipal Matters
Please note that personal information and any supporting material collected for the processing of the following forms will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Access & Correction Request Form
This form is used to request:
- Access to general records
- Access to own personal information
- Correction of own personal information
Building Permit Application
Building permits are required for the following types of construction:
- New Building (residential, commercial, industrial and institutional)
- Building alterations and renovations (almost always, including decks)
- Pools (deeper than 24 inches)
- Fences (only when fencing an existing or new pool)
- Signs (all signs require a permit)
- Entrances (all new entrances to be constructed onto a municipal roadway require a permit)
- Septic Systems (new and modified)
- Any type of construction or addition to existing dwellings.
NOTE: As of December 1, 2010, a Zoning Certificate will be required prior to the submission of a Building Permit application. [Read More]
Hawkers and Peddlers License Application
Minor Variance Application
Municipal Record Search
If you require information on a particular property pertaining to the Planning, Building, and Fire Departments, you will be required to submit a Municipal Record Search Form.
Secondary Suite Application
For further information, please refer to the Secondary Suites page.
Sign Variance/Amendment Application
Sign Permit Application
Because there are many restrictions and requirements, please contact the Building Department or Planning Department for further information.
Site Plan Application
In conjunction with a Municipal Record Search, a Subdivision Clearance Form may be requested by a solicitor performing a property transfer in order to obtain information regarding the status of the subdivision, assumption of roads and services, development charges, etc. The administration fee is $50 (the charge is doubled for guaranteed responses within 48 hours).
Swimming Pool & Deck Permit Application
Along with your application form, please submit two (2) copies of surveys showing location of all buildings on the property, location of pool, location of deck, location of fence, adjoining fences, and location of easements. Type and construction details of fence must be shown on site plan.
Please see By-law No. 99-71 which requires the erection and maintenance of fences and gates around private outdoor swimming pools in the Town of Midland.