North Simcoe Citizens Health Care Steering Committee (CHSC)
About the Citizens Health Care Steering Committee
Born from the concern of potential loss of local ophthalmologic and colonoscopy/endoscopy services, and the tremendous community response, the Mayors of North Simcoe asked for a small task force to set up a Citizens Steering Committee.
Membership to this volunteer committee was advertised during the late spring of 2015 with the intent of having representation from each of the 4 Municipalities, First Nations and Metis/Inuit communities. We also have a subcommittee that will support the work as we need many volunteer hands.
CHSC was launched in Sept 2015 with the mandate to:
▪ Engage both the citizens and the healthcare community.
▪ Advocate for improved local healthcare.
▪ Inform and educate local residents.
▪ Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to develop solutions that resolve problems and build and retain healthcare services.
Our present (2015-2016) work:
▪ Increasing our understanding of current challenges and needs.
▪ Developing a communication strategy and related work plan.
▪ Implementing infrastructure and processes for providing effective 2-way communication with residents.
▪ Increasing citizen awareness, engagement and support for a CHSC
▪ Seek citizen input.
▪ Continue recruiting more committee volunteers.
Members of the CHSC are:
HEALTH CARE RESOURCES
There are two valuable resources that we think might be helpful for you to know about:
www.nsmhealthline.ca for on line reliable and trusted information.
www.211ontario.ca is an online resource for any social need from housing to transportation to getting your driveway cleared of snow. You can also call 211 to speak to someone live.
We also encourage residents to sign up for the weekly newsletter from your Mayor and to get on the event notifications for your municipality. View Mayor Gord McKay's newsletter.