Operations is comprised of the following areas: Engineering/Development Services, Maintenance Operations, Water & Wastewater Operations. An explanation of the Town's Water and Wastewater Operations can be found on the Water & Wastewater page.
The municipal infrastructure assets consist of approximately 270 lane kms. of roads and 47 kms. of sidewalks. The Maintenance Operations division provide municipal services in several areas:
- Road maintenance, including repairs, replacements, line painting, patching and crack sealing
- Sidewalk maintenance, including repairs, replacements, patching and grinding
- Curb repairs
- Sanitary and storm sewer maintenance
- Road side ditch maintenance
- Street and traffic signs including traffic signal lights
- Street lighting
- Snow ploughing and snow removal on roads, sidewalks and municipal parking lots
- Boulevard grass cutting and weed control
- Municipal tree maintenance
Snow removal and winter maintenance of Town roads and sidewalks is done by the Infrastructure Department's Operations team, who are dedicated to providing the best quality snow clearing service to residents, business owners and visitors alike. The Province of Ontario Regulation 239/02 establishes the minimum maintenance standards that the Town must follow for road and sidewalk winter maintenance, and it's our mission to meet or exceed them. While we do our very best to provide the best possible level of customer service, it's important to remember that various weather conditions and other circumstances can affect our snow clearing activities.