Sign In

Midland logo

Midland > Town Hall > Departments > Water & Sewer

water and sewer billing
The Town is accountable to the Province for water quality and quantity. 

The Water and Sewer bills are issued on a quarterly basis for residential home owners, but large commercial accounts are billed monthly. All payments should be made to the Town of Midland at 575 Dominion Avenue.

2019 Water and Sewer Service Rate By-law

Utility preauthorized Form

If you would like to pay your bill using a pre-authorized payment plan, please contact us at 705-526-4275, Ext. 2226​. Drop off the completed form, along with a blank che​que marked void to the Town of Midland Municipal Office at 575 Dominion Avenue. 

Notice to Owners of Tenant Occupied Properties

Legislation governing municipalities in the delivery and billing of water and sanitary sewer services changed, effective January 1, 2003. The Town of Midland will be adhering to the legislation when it assumes the water and sewer billing function on July 1, 2005. 

The legislation states that the property owner is ultimately responsible for the payment of services supplied to their properties. However, upon written request by the property owner, the Town of Midland will forward a copy of the bill to the tenant, to facilitate payment by the tenant. If the tenant does not pay, the unpaid charges will be added to the property's tax roll AND the water will be disconnected. The original utility bill will continue to be mailed to the property owner as it is the responsibility of the property owner to ensure the water and sewer bills are paid by their tenants.

Please be aware that it is the responsibility of the property owner to make all necessary arrangements with the Town, particularly when there is a change in tenant(s). 

If you are a landlord and wish to have a copy of the water and sewer bill sent to your tenant(s), please provide the Town with information outlined in the application provided below and sign the document to acknowledge your understanding of the above terms. Please return the completed and signed form to the Town of Midland Municipal Offices at 575 Dominion Avenue.

Landlord Application to Send A Copy of Utility Bill to Tenant(s)


Personal information contained on the forms provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, S.O. 2001, c.25, s. 398 and will be used in the delivery and billing of water and sanitary sewer services and will be treated as confidential. Questions regarding this collection of information should be directed to the Treasurer of the Town of Midland.

Responsibility​ for Water Consumption

Property owners are reminded that all water that passes through their water meter is their responsibility. Be aware of leaks, running toilets and open faucets. Over an extended time, the cost of wasted water can add up. 

What if Your Water Usage is Higher than Normal? 


  1. Turn off all water you are using, including appliances.
  2. Look at your meter to see if any of the dials are turning. 
  3. If any indicator is turning, you have a leak. Most leaks are due to check for leaksleaky toilets which we call “the silent leak” because they are difficult to detect. 

​Other places to look for leaks 

  • faucets
  • water softeners 
  • other appliances that are close to a drain where the leaking water could go unnoticed
For more information about leaks, click the image on the right.