House hold garbage disposal
Garbage and recycling is every Tuesday* morning. Garbage and recycling are managed by the County of Simcoe. If you would like to dispose of waste, recycling or large items before or after Tuesday, please visit the North Simcoe Transfer Station at 1700 Golf Link Road Midland, Ontario. For more information about proper waste disposal in the Midland area, please visit the
County of Simcoe Landfills and Transfer Station page. You can also find information on Simcoe County's Materials Management Facility and Organics Processing Facility information by visiting their
Environmental Resource Recovery Centre page.
For more information on garbage/recycling collection, click
here. You can contact the County by calling 705-735-6901, or email
*Collection day is shifting to Monday for the majority of Midland.
If you live within the following areas, your collection day is changing to Mondays beginning November 1, 2021:
- You live north of Highway 12, and
- You live east of County Road 93, between Highway 12 and Yonge Street, and
- You live north of Balm Beach Road East.
If you are located in Midland but outside of this area, your collection day will remain on Tuesday. Please see the Collection Days Map below for a visual.
New Automated Cart Collection in the County of Simcoe
The County is rolling out an automated cart collection system on November 1, 2021. This system is an easy and safe solution to curbside waste collection services.
Your carts may arrive as early as August; however, remember, do not put your carts out until November 1st.
- On average, these vertical carts use 50% less floor space to store waste (compared to equivalent amounts in current open bin/bag system).
- Consolidate a variety of smaller bins, bags and containers into three carts.
- Good for the environment with more room for organics.
- Lids on all carts protect against windblown litter and impacts from critters.
- Cut down on lifting and trips to the curb! With wheels and ergonomic handles, just roll out two carts each week.
- Safer for everyone with touchless automated collection.
- Proven and preferred in many other communities.
- Carts will also ensure continuity of collection service and help to reduce potential for wide spread collection impacts previously experienced.
For more details on this new carts system, please visit carts.simcoe.ca
You can also find more information on the County's Frequently Asked Questions page.
*Please note: Tags are $15 for a strip of 5 tags*
|To affix the tag, tie your garbage bag as you normally would with a twist tie or knot and then place the tag around the neck of the bag and stick the glued sides of the tag together.||Stick the tag to the top piece of garbage, so that it is VISIBLE when the lid is lifted.|
Where to buy Garbage Tags
For a current list of Garbage Tag outlets, please visit the County of Simcoe's Garbage Tag page and click on the Midland tab.
Divertible Locations for Heavy Garbage
720 Balm Beach Road East, Midland, Ontario
Tuesday – Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Items will be picked up free of charge, or may be dropped off during business hours.
A variety of reusable items are accepted including building material, mirrors, windows, small and large electrical appliances (i.e. computers, TVs, light fixtures, fridges).
Scrap is also accepted and may include: cars, washers, dryers, fridges and stoves.
As an OES certified E-Waste Collection Site, the Restore also accepts monitors, towers, laptops, printers, calculators, televisions. Free feel to call for more details.
Salvation Army Thrift Store
649 Balm Beach Road Midland, Ontario
Monday – Friday 9:30 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Items may be dropped off during business hours.
Large reusable items are accepted (i.e. couches, fridges, stoves). Items must be in good condition.
Mattresses and sofa beds are not accepted.