The Town operates a state of the art sewage treatment facility, which was last upgraded in 1995 at a cost of approximately $6.5 million. The upgrade works included:
- addition of (egg) digester as final stage biosolids treatment
- addition of 1 primary treatment clarifier
- addition of 1 storm equalization tank
- addition of laboratory and office space
- upgraded SCADA computer controls
The treatment plant also has facilities to receive septage and holding tank waste as well as being a receiving site for recreation vehicle head waste.
The Town's water distribution system spans approximately 97.30 kms. of water mains and serves approximately 5,400 residential and commercial customers. In addition, there are approximately 475 fire hydrants located within the municipal boundaries.
The Town of Midland's Water and Wastewater Operations facility leads the provincially licensed Water Department in providing a variety of services to consumers within the municipal boundaries. Services of the water department include:
- Operation, repair and maintenance of the Town's water distribution system, including emergency repairs.
- Daily, weekly and quarterly water testing and monitoring per O.Reg. 170/03.
- Repairs to and replacement of all water meters.
- Repairs to and installation of new water services and water main projects.
- Flushing in excess of 475 fire hydrants and dead end water mains within the system.
- Water billings.
Annual Wastewater Reports