Call for Artists
The Town of Midland is commissioning public art for projects throughout the Town. Public Art creates an interesting, visually-rich community and cultivates community pride.
Public Art projects include murals as well as vinyl wrapping of utility boxes at some intersections.
The projects are open to artists from throughout Simcoe County, as well as Barrie and Orillia.
Submissions will be evaluated based on criteria outlined in the Town of Midland’s Public Art Policy including:
- suitability for display in a public space;
- responds to or complements the installation location;
- reflection of the Town’s history/heritage, culture, and/or natural elements and landscapes;
- ability to build appreciation for public art;
- originality of design;
- ability to intrigue the viewer and stimulates the imagination;
- the artist/artist team’s reputation and demonstrated and related experience.
Public Art proposals for the Town of Midland must be inclusive and diverse and respect the rights of Indigenous people to own and control their heritage, including Indigenous images, designs, stories and other cultural expression.
Artists are encouraged to review each submission form as there are different requirements for each and to take note of deadlines.
There are currently no open calls for artists. Please check back soon, or subscribe to this page for updates.